Vegas Wedding but make it Tulsa, Buck Atoms Cosmic Curios
Have you ever wondered how to make an eclectic wedding out of Tulsa?
Here are 10 things I learned from Rachel & Laura to make your wedding carefree:
1. Find an unpredictable location that equals your aesthetic to have your wedding – like a small Route 66 local shop full of curiosities – Buck Atoms Cosmic Curios.
2. Kick tradition out of the window for your happiness. Traditions may not have any meaning to you & that’s okay. They’re only significant if you think they are.
3. Embrace color – embrace texture – embrace pattern – embrace it all.
4. Surround yourself with the people that matter. In Rachel & Laura’s case, get ready together in a retro AirBnB called the Buck Atoms Crash Pad behind the shop.
5. Carpool with your photographer to the next location to make the most out of your city.
6. Impulsively dance in the street under bistro lights while a train passes behind you.
7. Find a spot to hide away with each other before the party starts. Rachel & Laura reserved an igloo on the rooftop – a tented space with fairy lights, a heater, furniture, and a view of Downtown Tulsa to enjoy a moment alone while their guests served up pizza at the Welltown Brewery bar downstairs.
8. Order double the amount of desserts that you probably need – cake, whoopie pies, cake pops – you can have it all.
9. Blow bubbles inside when it’s too cold to leave the building. Then continue the party. You don’t have to actually make a grand exit from the reception quite yet.
10. Love each other for your quirks. You have the right to be yourself & love fiercely, loudly, and joyfully.
Rachel & Laura made their wedding a reflection of who they are & the day couldn’t have been any more perfect because of it.